We had been planning to have a gathering of folks to talk about what matters most and about caring and humility. These topics and characteristics are rarely discussed and appreciated in our north American cultures. They really need to be high-lighted, rewarded and broadcast far and wide. Just as we were organizing and setting up such a gathering of caring people we won a Grand Prize Lottery at the local Greenbank Mall. It was a $1,000. gourmet dinner for ten at the Salute Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar in the mall. Salute!! What a wonderful surprise and also what a windfall that we could use to honour ten very caring members of our community. If you know of someone who we could honour at this event please let us know about them.
We will be contacting the directors of many of the most caring organizations in Ottawa to request that they refer to us two of their most dedicated and long-term volunteers. For example, the Odawa Native Centre, the Ottawa Mission, the Suicide Prevention Centre, the Distress Centre, the Bruce House, the Interval House, the Children’s’ Aid Society, CHEO, and the Elizabeth Bruyere Centre. We are also hoping for someone who could come to play some very caring and loving ballads in the background at this celebration of caring. They could be a guitarist or harpist, etc.
Each person will be asked to share, if they feel comfortable to do so, what they find matters most in their life, their caring role and in our culture in general. We will also suggest that they share a bit about what they actually do in their caring positions. Each person will be treated to up to $100.00 in gourmet Italian food and wine off the extensive menu as a reward for their valuable work. If they have any food allergies or limitations they would need to inform us ahead of time.
If you are a deeply caring and sharing person and would like to come to this gathering to share your ideas and beliefs about what matters most in life on Monday, Sept. 11, at 7:00 p.m., call (613) 234-5678.
By Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation)
Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa.
To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
I have had the good fortune to participate in two seminars run by the Jungian analyst, James Hollis, Ph.D.: the first one was “Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life” and the second was “What Matters Most”. The title of this latter one is the same as the title of one of his recent books, which also has the subtitle, “living a more considered life”. James Hollis talks a lot about people being dominated by, adapting to, and being governed by their fears. He suggests that, to really love and embrace life, we have to muster the courage to make friends with our fears. He makes the observation that, in desiring life, we deny death, and, in denying death, we run from life.
One of the techniques that I share with my Partners in Healing (clients) is the facility to enhance “uncertainty tolerance”. Uncertainty is a fertile seed bed for emotional and intellectual growth. Comfort, which is the opposite of uncertainty, can become like an addiction and lead to boredom and emotional paralysis, whereas moving out of our comfort zone can cause us to become very creative. Hollis calls this latter way of being a “mystery-driven life”.
“Creative legacy” is one of those concepts that really matter. In other words, the feeling that our actions and creations in this life make the world a better place for others long after we “fade away”. For example, in my own life, I was part of a group of seven people who planned and developed a member-owned natural food co-op in Toronto in 1972. www.karmacoop.net
On June 24, 2017, Karma will hold its 45 th Anniversary Celebration. Karma’s slogan is: “Sustainable Food, Sustaining Community”. Jane Jacobs, the renowned urbanologist, was a member of Karma and she once said, ” We need a Karma Co-op in every neighborhood in every city.” This is creative legacy.
If you would like to come to a gathering to share your ideas and beliefs about what matters most in life on Sunday, Sept. 10, at 2:00 p.m. call (613) 234-5678. Coffee and muffins will be served.
By Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation)
Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa.
To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
Whether physical or mental, we all experience stress to varying degrees. Stress plays a huge role in our everyday health and can aggravate health conditions that we already have. Routine, chronic stress can in the long run lead to serious physical and mental health consequences if not managed properly. If you suffer from a health condition, whether it is chronic pain, migraines, insomnia, digestive issues, high blood pressure, poor memory, or even difficulty losing weight, it is likely that stress plays a role in your symptoms. Relieving stress is a very important factor in managing your condition and resolving your symptoms.
For thousands of years Chinese Medicine has considered stress to be a major contributing factor to chronic health conditions, and has developed effective ways of treating the negative effects stress has on the body. No matter what condition we are treating, acupuncture works to promote healing by bringing your body back to its calm, relaxed state of healthy functioning.
1. Acupuncture influences the body’s fight-or-flight response, lowering blood pressure, and heart rate and regulating hormones and endorphins to bring you back to a state of relaxation.
2. Acupuncture reduces levels of our stress hormones like cortisol and boosts endorphins, our body’s natural pain relievers and mood enhancers.
3. Acupuncture is very effective in improving sleep and resolving insomnia, including problems falling asleep because of worry or overthinking, problems staying asleep and restless sleep.
4. Acupuncture has a balancing effect on our emotions so that we are better able to cope with everyday stressors without getting frustrated, angry, or “stressed out”.
5. Acupuncture can break the cycle of constant worrying and bring you to a more relaxed state. This makes it very effective for treating chronic anxiety and depression.
6. Acupuncture can help to calm digestive symptoms and strengthen and correct our digestive system, resolving conditions like IBS, constipation, diarrhea and acid reflux.
7. Acupuncture helps your nervous system to remain in a more relaxed state, and you can expect to feel in better moods, have improved sleep, and better digestion.
8 Acupuncture reduces inflammation in the body and relieve chronic pain conditions like arthritis, that can be aggravated by chronic stress
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
Life Force Energy is the animating current of all life. This concept has been known for centuries in Eastern cultures and recently, accepted in the West. We learn how to use Life Force Energy in a healing modality during the Quantum-Touch therapy Level I training, and we become profoundly aware of how energy is a definitive reality. Following a Grounding workshop on Saturday, this concept and our lack of awareness of it came into my consciousness so deeply, that I’m needing to again address how we create change in our lives at the deepest levels with some very simple energy healing tools. In my energy healing practice, I am a constant witness to the impact of raising the vibration of the system to change the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of an individual’s wellbeing.
When we teach students how to use their breath, their imagination and meditation techniques to raise and hold a high vibration in their own system, and allow the system of the client to entrain to the higher vibration, they will observe that the symptoms go away. With an awareness of cellular memory, we realize that the symptoms may not disappear instantly, but the body does remember what it means to be in perfect health.
Grounding tools, another way of working with energy can change the impact of others on our emotional and physical bodies creating a clear energy body. We have been affected by ‘others’ in our lives since prebirth, and many aspects of those ‘others’ stay with us, until we discover methods of clearing them. And of course, there are those people with us, whose thoughts and intentions can feel like our own, creating the need for us to act on them… They are not ours, but have been imposed upon us.
The very cool aspect of working with energy, is that we can change these ideas within our own consciousness. We can learn the tools to effectively move this from our body and mind, and we will feel the changes immediately within ourselves. And those friends and family close by, will sense this as well.
Every aspect of us is normal for us until we realize that many of these aspects are not valid. We don’t know how others feel in their bodies, so this new feeling in us can be quite unusual, perhaps empowering. To understand that we can create these changes, independently, is truly taking back our power. Just think about it, we can all do this.
Please check out my website at www.aileensoasis.com to find the dates for the series of workshops on Grounding, and Quantum-Touch Therapy Level I and send me an e-mail for a very complete description.
Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has also been certified as a Open Space Technology facilitator, as well as a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at email@example.com or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Tip of the Month: In the big news for August is a Solar Eclipse scheduled to occur on August 21st at 11:30 am PDT. What is more is that it will be visible here in North Amerca especially in the United States with the path crossing from Atlanta to Oregon. Occurring at 28 Leo 52, if it forms a close conjunction especially, or an opposition or square to any planets or angles in your chart, powerful changes will be activated, in accordance with your destiny. For the United States, it could well serve to spark a reawakening of national unity and will also prove to be a big boost of energy for its president as it is close to exactly conjunct his Mars in Leo.
Aries (Mar. 21-Apr. 19): August will prove exciting for you. A passionate and romantic mood prevails. Yet with Mercury retrograde, you are wise to enjoy the moment and avoid making promises. Also, your words could prove to be as sharp as your mind. En garde!
Taurus (Apr. 20-May 20): Your creative drive is flowing strong. Less interested in recognition or fame, you primarily want to achieve excellence for your own satisfaction. Quality time shared with family early on then home improvement projects towards month end will hit it.
Gemini (May 21-June 20): You will want to pack in a lot this month. Inspirations to express yourself have been ignited. Your energy levels are running high and you are on an upward swing. Some security tremors will linger early on but will fade towards month’s end.
Cancer (June 21-July 22): Your heart is bursting and you want to express your love, beautifully. Bringing your best forward will prove fun and bring rewards. Your confidence levels are high. This will support you to explore new talents and modes of expression.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): You feel strong and courageous. Circumstances have required a lot of efforts behind the scenes. If you have answered that call then your confidence levels will be soaring. This momentum will build as the month progresses.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sep. 22): A busy time behind the scenes is underway. This window presents an opportunity to achieve something great. If you have been waiting for the right time to do something extra special, this is it. With focus, you could hit the jackpot.
Libra (Sep. 23-Oct. 22): Fun with friends and lovers is indicated for you this month. This is an expansive and exuberant time. This could manifest as advancement, promotions and perhaps even a whole new beginning in your love life. You will reserve the right to fully express your individuality.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Your public and professional life is about to get a big boost. Your confidence levels may need extra attention, but your ambitions are strong and you are eager to capitalize. Cultural activities and travel are favored.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Some powerful, heart-opening experiences are scheduled for you this August. These may come as magical and/or mystical feelings and realization. Whatever happens, you will feel connected to your soul, profoundly.
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): In the deeper scheme, themes of death followed quickly by rebirth are indicated for you this month. These are linked to important relationships. Circumstances are pushing you to exercise restraint. Be patient with yourself, others and circumstances.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Something big, important and powerful is destined to occur, especially linked to close personal relationships. You will begin to think, perceive and interpret things differently and markedly so. Love relationships could deepen.
Pisces (Feb. 19-Mar. 20): The time has come to give more of your attention to creative projects that have been on hold. Support from others and circumstances are yours to enjoy. Success with these projects could even produce big returns, financial and otherwise.
It’s a Thursday night on the Carleton campus and you can just smell the desperation in the air. You hear the shuffling feet of students struggling to cram themselves into the too small 111 buses, the shouts of the frustrated ones at missing the O-train after running for what seemed like forever, the carefree laughter of those that live on the residences and the silent prayers of procrastinators whose deadlines seem to be fast approaching.
To the observant eye, this would seem the norm of students in the harrowing phase of undergraduate life in Carleton. While some love Thursdays, because it simply means Friday is just around the corner, others for the incessant drinking associated with the nighttime on Thursdays, this group on Carleton Campus use their love for music and partying to connect with students, building a community that overflows with love and support.
Known for its electric atmosphere facilitated by bright lights, captivating stage props, enchanting renditions of popular melodies, the Campus Rush movement is simply a group of rebels doing what they do best on a Thursday night.
The experience is forever stamped on the minds of visitors simply because it’s almost impossible to forget the animated inclusion of visitors by the welcome team stationed at the doors of the Kailash Mithal theatre. Armed with captivating smiles, glow sticks (sometimes candy if you’re lucky) and a décor in the lobby that is guaranteed to elicit a chuckle or two, these individuals make you fall in love with the movement even at the door, as the music caresses your ears.
The music isn’t confined to the walls of the theatre, as right from the tunnels or even the classrooms, the harmonious hitting of the right notes, the originality in the words of the songs and sometimes just the rhythmic thundering on the drums, will have you wishing you took dance classes seriously. With two albums released and a rap group taking the industry by storm, the music here isn’t restricted to the typical RnB genre. It makes combinations of Jazz, hip-hop, dancehall and the newest addition to the hip-hop subculture, trap music.
The leader of this movement, a 23-year old bass prodigy and an eloquent speaker, Kofi Dartey is a reiteration of every volunteer you encounter in this experience. He speaks with such passion for those he serves and throughout the meeting you almost feel as though you have a connection with him simply because of his humble demeanor. His interests in music, creative arts and the youth in general is reflected in every aspect of this movement.
So, the next time you’re stumped on Thursday night and exhausted at the constant in the Ottawa party scene, do stop by the KM theatre on the Carleton campus if anything, for an exciting session of dancing led by the charismatic Ryan Ofei and bone chilling renditions of songs like Yahweh led by the amazing Sewa Ayoola, deep poetry, hilarious plays and engaging conversations on what it is to be young and Christian in Ottawa.
How to calculate your personal monthly number.
Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then add the number 9 for the current month (yes, this is right). NOTE – If you’re final number adds up to double digits, add the two numbers together again until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me.
NOTE: This is a general Numerology forecast. You have many other numbers connected to your name and birthday that will give you a better understanding of what this year will bring you and so much more. Contact me for a 90 minute personal Numerology consultation if you are at a major crossroad in your life.
1. August promises to be an interesting month because it will force you to think about yourself for a change. As you know this year has been devoted to the care of others, so this is your ticket to stop and be focused on your own needs. Relish this time of inner reflection to ask yourself this simple question: “What do I really want”? Could you be moving forward with a more intimate connection in your love life? Can your current relationship be improved? Is a business partnership developing?
2. July was a great launching pad for you to really begin to blast off with new projects and get new seeds in the ground. You will continue to water these seeds for the rest of the year. August is a slower influence and yet, don’t waste any of this precious time on impatience and frustration. August is designed to be a moment of resting and recuperating in this busy year. Have you been devoted to self-improvement in some manner? Stay focused on this for the month of August as this is the perfect time for any kind of healing. Understand that this month holds a Master Number 11 for you. What does that mean? The 11 ups the ante in the realms of spiritual illumination, artistic creativity and inspired healing. This is also a month to spend time with the special people in your life.
3. The month of August offers you a tiny oasis within your year of work and responsibilities to kick back and have some fun. The trick is: You have to take advantage of this now, as you will be going back work, big time, in September. Make sure to fully charge up your internal battery in August and you will be ready for the balance of the year. The number 3 energy of your month points toward focusing on the lighter side of life. It’s perfect for getting out and living a little and increasing your social activities and creative endeavors. Step into your creativity and see what happens!
4. This is a year devoted to change. A year made for adventure and progressive activities. It is time to push the borders of yourself and become “more”. Undoubtedly, you have been met with some moments of paralyzing fear this year. Most of us are not comfortable with changes and trust me, they will come to you in 2017. Force yourself to eliminate your fear based thoughts and get ready for some real and permanent changes in your life. What kind of changes do you want? Delays and postponements are to be expected in a 4 month. Overall, the month can have a serious overtone. Try not to freak out. Use this time to check in with yourself and ask “what needs to be shaken up in my life”? Changes will happen anyway, and I want you in control of them.
5. Are you ready for an exciting and fulfilling month? This year has been focused on your home life and no doubt you have had a heightened level of responsibility in this area. Relationships are also under review for you in August. Some will firm up and others will be taken down. August brings with it a zing of energy and a desire for freedom. Does the idea of adventure and freedom feel good to you? Then you will love this influence and if not, then you might find yourself squirming a bit. There can be unexpected shifts, twists and turns for you in August., so have loose hips and an open mind. If there is any way to take a break or have a vacation, the change of scenery would do wonders for you.
6. August is a cycle focused on responsibility, healing and love. It is a month where home and family take center stage. This can look like tangible and practical responsibilities that need to be taken care of at home like cleaning, remodeling, or any kind of care taking. Yet understand that the primary energy this whole year relates to your own internal world being more active. Yes, you will still be soul-searching and perhaps very heavy in your head and heart. Chances are your input and presence is needed at home or with family, so this will have to be your priority. It is not the most advantageous time for travel or taking a vacation, unless it is to visit family or fulfill certain domestic obligations. I want you to have free time in September for yourself, so it would be best to take care of your domestic world, now.
7. August is set up as your “burn-out deflector”, so force yourself to take advantage of this slower period. You need to back off just a bit or the chance of you spinning out of control is likely, or virtually guaranteed. August offers you a rare respite from the never ending go, go, go you have been working with all year, so try to accept this time with open arms. Aside from dealing with your normal workload, you will be called to spend time alone throughout the month. This will help you charge up your batteries. A brief trip in August may pop up and it would be great to jump on it, as it will afford you some much needed rest and relaxation.
8. August can feel like a welcome jolt of caffeine. It is time to focus on business and finances. Be prepared to take strong, dynamic action when it is appropriate. This month’s energy is all about prosperity and moving forward in a dynamic and focused way. So get out there and make the most of it. Thinking “business” and in business-like terms will be greatly beneficial. You need to be involved in a hands-on way in order to make things happen so that you will be satisfied with the outcome. August is literally a time to pay off debt, so do this if you can. The wheel of fortune is spinning. Where do you want it to stop?
9. This is a big month and it is all about “endings,” although, you are in a year of “new beginnings”. Do you see the duality? It is time to wrap up and finalize certain situations or a particular phase of your life. The time is ripe for you to create an entirely different path so that you can transcend into a bigger, better, and a more expanded existence. It is time for decisions. Firm decisions! No wishy-washy “maybe’s” right now. It is truly the month to put anything that is leftover from last 9 year chunk of time into the trash bin. By the end of the month, you should feel a renewed energy about where you are going and how you are going to get there.LAURA YOUNG IS AN INTUITIVE NUMEROLOGIST/LIFE COACH. FULL SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN-PERSON TO CLIENTS IN OTTAWA, ONT. CANADA. PHONE, FACETIME AND SKYPE SESSIONS ARE CONDUCTED WORLDWIDE. FOR A PERSONAL CONSULTATION PLEASE EMAIL: Lbaird@istar.ca OR CALL 613-725-7232. Check out my website for information and testimonials: www.yourdaysarenumbered333.ca
website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www.spiritpainting.com for more information. Or contact email@example.com
– Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically successful – Karen Osborne – firstname.lastname@example.org
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR)
Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
Like many, you may have the most difficulty trusting when you are faced with a sudden or shocking experience such as job loss, sudden illness or an end to a significant relationship. It can create a jolt to your sense of stability and security and you may struggle with fear. Unfortunately, the fear can stop you from receiving the most beautiful gift of all – to know that you are supported by God, always and all ways.
In your foundation exists both that which serves you and that which does not. Often, in part, you are living by what doesn’t serve you, such as ego identification (for example: “I am my job”, or “my relationship is who I am”), or attachments to how things should be. These create false foundations because they are weak, external securities that can instantly vanish. This is what’s shocking; what you thought was secure is not. When these collapse, so can you.
However, such experiences present opportunities to awaken your consciousness. They expose what you need to see such as core, limiting, subconscious ideas of yourself or your reality. If it’s too frightening, your ego will try to quickly recreate familiar, solid ground, but once again, your house would be built on the same or similar illusions. Instead, if you take the time to survey the newly-turned landscape, you’ll gain insight as to how that foundation can be excavated to rebuild truer security.
The truth is that no form of negative ego wants to help you to trust or grow. Only by turning toward the God-Self Within will you find unconditional, healing love and your unshakeable foundation. Then you can remember that you are One with All Possibilities. Will you gracefully accept that support?
Copyright 2017 www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
For support, visit www.MelindaUrban.com 17 years intuitive healing experience. Integrating multi-dimensional ascension clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, & vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. In person or by phone 613-253-2888.
Taking refuge can provide delightful surprises. It is not always a Zen teacher, wise nun or high monk who is there to provide guidance and insight. My grandson Callun has provided quite a few for me. His home is in the town of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. One summer holiday Carolyn and I spent a sea kayaking adventure with Callun and his father Iain, exploring the fascinating coastline of Vancouver Island. On one occasion when Iain and Carolyn went shopping, I stayed at the house to meditate. Callun was playing outside. He came in crying after a while and tapped me on the shoulder. “Grand Pooh Bear,” that is what he called me when he was a little boy. “Grand Pooh Bear, sorry to disturb your practice but I’ve been stung by a bee on my neck and it hurts.” I opened my eyes and took Callun into my arms and said, “My dear Callun, you are my practice.” I gently took the stinger out of his neck, put some ice on it and cuddled him for a while before he happily went outside again to play. He had brought home to me that all of life is my practice. To my grandson Callun I bow in gratitude for being such a mindfulness bell for me.
When I take refuge in this manner, I am aware of Buddha nature being graciously presented to me. Another grandchild, Millie, sent me some drawings for my birthday quite a few years ago. With her five year old determination she endeavored to draw a picture of me with no feet, only one arm, with a fuzzy beard, jug handle ears and much slimmer than in reality! Over my head she had drawn a yellow halo, which is totally undeserving, yet I learned that this is how Millie thinks of me. She was revealing her Buddha nature to her grandfather and I joyfully took refuge in her love and kindness.
Several years ago, after leading a meditation retreat on the British Columbia mainland I arranged to take a ferry across to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island to visit with my son and grandson Callun. It was a beautiful calm sea voyage with the sunset dancing in the wake of the ferry. Although I was tired from the retreat, this was a delightful respite. Both Iain and Callun were there as the boat docked in Nanaimo. As it was almost Callun’s bedtime, he asked if I would read him a story once we got to their home. I was happy to do this. Callun quickly changed into his pyjamas and chose a story for me to read. I lay down on his bed beside him and started to read. In only a few minutes I was fast asleep! My son, Iain, on hearing the silence, came into the bedroom and saw that Callun had pulled the bedcovers up over me and was sitting up in bed with one hand resting lightly on my shoulder, a beautiful smile on his face as he took care of his grandfather. My son was moved to tears by this. He drew a chair into the bedroom and sat there with us all night. He did not want to miss the magic. Three generations taking refuge in one another. Totally present, hearts wide open. Only one snoring, but gently!
Dr. Ian Prattis – his moving and eye-opening books are a memorable experience for anyone who enjoys reading about primordial tendencies. Beneath the polished urban facade remains a part of human nature that few want to acknowledge, simply because it is easier to deny the basic instincts that have kept us alive on an unforgiving earth. Prattis bravely goes there in his outstanding literary work. www.ianprattis.com
Is Swallow-Power or the Force of the Tongue Brain the force that grows the Face? I believe the Tongue Brain is the real Architect of the Face and the Mouth. A good swallow grows the palate and allows room for the airway, the jaws, the facial muscles and the teeth to develop.
So a Bad Swallow is the ultimate soft tissue “repetitive strain injury”? It is actually a major trauma or stress to the Autonomic Nervous System.
This is also true as well of a bad bite. A bite that is not bilaterally balanced is stressful. It throws off the jaws the, muscles and the airway. Your bite is supposed to be heavy on your back molars and not bumping up against the inside of your upper anterior teeth. We call this “Molars Mighty Anteriors Lightly”. Check it on yourself with saran wrap. The saran wrap should pull through your front teeth when you bite on your back molars.
We call the tongue and the swallow-bite the “Tongue Brain” because the tongue is the only muscle organ in the body innervated by the 5 most important cranial nerves. This Tongue Brain w ill now allow medical research scientists to stimulate the tongue to create new brain cells and neural pathways. Wow is the TONGUE- BRAIN ever powerful!
Prior to birth and at birth the primitive and powerful and most important swallow reflex is ready to swallow and suckle or “latch on to the nipple”. This key reflex is ready at birth to enable breastfeeding. In fact until 6 months of age the baby like all mammals can breathe through its nose and swallow at the same time. We lose this ability to develop speech after 6 months of age. The downside of this is it means we might also choke on food or snore since the breathing tube or the trachea and swallowing tube or the digestive tube or the oesophagus are so close together. Take your time to eat and swallow. Never be in rush to eat talk and swallow. People die every year from choking needlessly.
The infant tongue swallow reflex is interesting anatomically and it is very powerful. The milk pad of the palate is the trigeminal nerve’s second division called the incisive nerve connects with the tongue. In the tip of the tongue is the third division of the trigeminal nerve called the lingual nerve? So breast feeding is the trigeminal nerve doing its thing. The third division in the tongue is touching the second division of the trigeminal nerve in the palate in a repetitive sequence. Pretty cool system eh? When it strokes against the palate or the nipple, this muscular repetitive stroking tissue force, empowers and grows the maxilla and palatine bones laterally and forward essentially growing and creating the width and height of the face. If this does not happen then the lower jaw cannot grow downward and forward either. This means we might have a narrow head form and we will have airway and muscular-skeletal problems develop like headaches earaches jaw aches and neck aches.
The facial skeleton is empowered by the soft tissue power of the tongue and the swallow. The Facial Skeleton which grows downward and forward form birth is very much under the combined influence of environmental influences and partly under genetic control. These environmental genetic forces are called Epigenetic!
1 The good swallow and breastfeeding or the bad swallow and bottle feeding
2 The lips and tongue forces mould the teeth into alignment
3 The diet! Beware all processed and sugary or salty foods
4 Allergies to diet, dust and dander
5 The level of trace minerals in our diet is decreasing
6 Traumatic events from birth onwards
The bottom line is the tongue makes the jaws and the airway grow.
Here is what you have to watch and know:
First, is there a tongue thrust? The tongue should go onto the roof of the mouth when the child swallows
Second, by 4 years of age there should be spaces between the baby teeth so that the jaws can accommodate the larger adult teeth coming at 6 years of age.
Third, the bite should not be too deep or too posterior. So watch the teeth do the lower teeth disappear when the child bites down?
Fourth, is the midline on? How do the teeth line up? Is the jaw centered on the face and forehead?
So help us monitor your child’s growth and development and keep the trace minerals high in the diet of the growing child and keep those damn sugars low.
Call us for a quick consult if you have questions. We can set up telephone consults too.
Dr Greenacre and team
613 234 5758
– Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca
Present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email email@example.com or see
Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. firstname.lastname@example.org 613 821 4809
• Nursing Foot Care
Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Beautiful pampered Mani/Pedi and advanced and diabetic foot care in home or in clinic. Holistic health from the sole. Insurance coverage up to 80% & Veterans 100%. SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 email@example.com
RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE.
Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606