Extended web-only interview with former Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein on voting integrity, the Trump-Russia probe and the need for building third parties.
The Los Angeles-based Chicano band Las Cafeteras recently stopped by the Democracy Now! studio to perform and talk about their music. The Los Angeles Times has described them as "a uniquely Angeleno mishmash of punk, hip-hop, beat music, cumbia and rock." This year they released a new album called "Tastes Like L.A."
- Headlines for July 31, 2017
- Retired Police Detective: Trump's Comments Endorsing Police Brutality are "Treasonous"
- "Billion-Dollar Mistake": Democrats Neglect People of Color While Failing to Woo White Trump Voters
- Is Trump Trying to Sabotage the Nuclear Deal to Lay Groundwork for War With Iran?
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0731.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 28, 2017
- "Far from Over": Senate Narrowly Defeats Obamacare Repeal, But More Attacks on Healthcare Loom
- Meet the Two Catholic Workers Who Secretly Sabotaged the Dakota Access Pipeline to Halt Construction
- As Trump Targets Teenagers for Deportation, Immigrants Push Back with Direct Action
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0728.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 27, 2017
- The First Openly Transgender Infantry Soldier in U.S. Army Speaks Out on Trump's New Military Ban
- What Role Should the Military Play in the Fight for Transgender Rights?
- The Rolling Resistance: Meet Three Disability Rights Activists Fighting to Save Healthcare
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0727.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 26, 2017
- In "Dangerous" Move, Republicans Push to Strip Healthcare from Millions Without Holding Any Hearings
- Is Trump's Base Turning on the President over His Humiliation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions?
- Joshua Green on the "Devil's Bargain: Steve Bannon, Donald Trump & the Storming of the Presidency"
- A Look at How a Racial Theorist Tied to Mussolini & Hitler Influenced Steve Bannon
- Joshua Green on How Bannon's Experience with Video Gamers Gave Rise to the Alt-Right
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0726.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 25, 2017
- Death of 10 Migrants in San Antonio Spotlights Humanitarian Crisis Unfolding on U.S.-Mexico Border
- Sonia Nazario: The Tragedy in San Antonio is "Predictable Outcome" of Trump’s Immigration Crackdown
- The Rebellions That Changed U.S. History: Looking Back at the 1967 Newark & Detroit Uprisings
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0725.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 24, 2017
- Minneapolis Police Chief Resigns over the Cop Shooting of Unarmed Woman. Will the Mayor Be Next?
- Criminologist Phil Stinson: Police Kill Three People Every Single Day in the United States
- "A Forgotten Crisis": Yemen's Aid Workers Speak Out About the World's Worst Humanitarian Disaster
- "Incoherent Policy": U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Iran Even as Trump Admits Iran Following Nuclear Deal
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0724.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 21, 2017
- Criminalizing Critics of Israel: Congress Considers Sweeping Bills to Fine & Jail Backers of BDS
- Has Jared Kushner's Failed Deal with Qatar Fueled Trump's Stance on Gulf Diplomatic Crisis?
- Sen. McConnell Plans Vote on Repealing Obamacare Despite Lacking Enough Support from GOP Senators
- As Trump Touts "Made in America" Week, Indonesian Workers Toil Away Making Ivanka Trump Apparel
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0721.mp4">Download this show</a>
- Headlines for July 20, 2017
- David Cay Johnston: Trump is "Appallingly Ignorant" on Healthcare & Puts Greed Above Human Lives
- David Cay Johnston: GOP Budget Redistributes Money to the Rich & Helps Make U.S. a "Police State"
- Rights Advocates: Trump's Commission on Election Integrity Set Up as a Pretext for Voter Suppression
- "Trump and the Russian Money Trail": Trump's Ties to Oligarchs Go Back Decades
- Married to the Mob: Investigative Journalist Craig Unger on What Trump Owes the Russian Mafia
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0720.mp4">Download this show</a>
Watch Part 2 of our interview with Haitian immigrant and activist, Jean Montrevil, along with his eldest daughter and lawyer. Montrevil came to the U.S. from Haiti with a green card in 1986 at the age of 17, but a mistake he made when he was a teenager could now lead to his deportation.
- Headlines for July 19, 2017
- Dr. Carol Paris: We Must Make It Toxic for Politicians to Not Get on Board with Single Payer
- Gaza on Verge of Collapse as Israel Sends 2.2M People "Back to Middle Ages" in Electricity Crisis
- Activist & Father of Four Faces Deportation to Devastated Haiti Because of Decades-Old Conviction
<a href="http://publish.dvlabs.com/democracynow/video-podcast/dn2017-0719.mp4">Download this show</a>
Guardian Investigation of Ivanka Trump Factory in Indonesia Reveals Worker Abuse, Deplorably Low Pay
A new investigation by the Guardian has revealed workplace abuse, grueling production targets and deplorably low pay at an Indonesian factory that makes clothing for Ivanka Trump's clothing label. Many of the female workers at the factory in West Java say the pay is so low, they live in constant debt and can't afford to live with their own children. In June, Democracy Now! spoke with the journalist who broke the story, Krithika Varagur, when she joined us from Indonesia to describe what she uncovered.
Watch our extended interview with Oscar-nominated actor James Cromwell before he reports to jail at 4 p.m. Friday in upstate New York for taking part in a nonviolent protest against a natural gas-fired power plant. Cromwell says he'll also launch a hunger strike. He was one of six activists arrested for blocking traffic at the sit-in outside the construction site of the 650-megawatt plant in Wawayanda, New York, in December of 2015. The activists say the plant would promote natural gas fracking in neighboring states and contribute to climate change.
James Cromwell is known for his roles in some 50 Hollywood films, including "Babe," "The Artist," "The Green Mile" and "L.A. Confidential," as well as many television series, including "Six Feet Under." Democracy Now! spoke to him Thursday along with one of his co-defendants, Pramilla Malik. She is the founder of Protect Orange County, a community organization leading the opposition of the fracked gas power plant. She ran in 2016 for the New York state Senate.
See more at Protect Orange County.
- Headlines for July 14, 2017
- New GOP Healthcare Bill Still a Huge Tax Cut for the Rich, Gutting Women's Care & Slashing Medicaid
- Justice Neil Gorsuch Ends First SCOTUS Term Voting Consistently on Court's "Most Conservative Side"
- "Care in Chaos": New Documentary Uncovers Rising Tide of Attacks on Abortion Clinics Under Trump
- Rep. Keith Ellison on GOP Healthcare Plan, Bill Targeting Muslims & Philando Castile Settlement
- Oscar-Nominated Actor James Cromwell Speaks Out Before Jail Time for Peaceful Anti-Fracking Protest