On Saturday, April 29th, Democracy Now! will provide special live coverage of the People’s Climate March in Washington, D.C., organized to protest the Trump Administration’s climate change denying agenda.
Watch five hours of special live coverage from the March for Science. Scientists from across the country gathered in Washington, D.C., to defend the vital role science plays in the nation’s health, safety, economy, and government.
In part two of our interview about a hunger strike at the for-profit Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma, Washington, we speak about their demands with Maru Mora Villalpando, an activist and undocumented immigrant with the group group Mijente; and Alexis Erickson, the partner of a hunger striker, Cristian Lopez. They have three U.S.-born children and she says, "their whole life has been turned upside down" by his detention. Lopez has since been transferred to a jail in New Mexico, where he is continuing the strike as he faces deportation.
- Headlines for April 14, 2017
- U.S. Drops Its Biggest Non-Nuclear Bomb on Afghans, Already Traumatized by Decades of War
- Afghans Respond to Insult of U.S. Dropping Massive Bomb: "Would a Mother Do That to Any Children?"
- Ralph Nader Explains Why United Airlines Has "Total Unbridled Discretion to Throw You Off a Plane"
- 700 Immigrants On Hunger Strike at For-Profit Prison to Protest Conditions & $1/Day Wages
Full interview with investigative journalist Allan Nairn on Syria, Iraq, Yemen, the need for grassroots resistance against Donald Trump and much more.
- Headlines for April 13, 2017
- Stephen Cohen: This is Most Dangerous Moment in U.S.-Russian Relations Since Cuban Missile Crisis
- Russia Vetoes U.N. Resolution on Syria as Questions Linger over Deadly Chemical Attack
- Stephen Cohen: Will Syrian State Collapse & Fall into More Chaos If Assad Is Toppled?
- Calls Grow to Fire Sean Spicer After He Says Hitler Didn't Use Chemical Weapons During Holocaust
Full interview with Julian Assange on Democracy Now!, including a debate with investigative journalist Allan Nairn.
- Headlines for April 12, 2017
- Allan Nairn: Civilian Deaths Are Spiking in Syria & Iraq as U.S. Launches Unrestrained Bombing Raids
- Trump Is Moving "Full Speed Ahead" in War in Yemen, Despite Massive Civilian Casualties
- Allan Nairn: Only Mass Disruption From Below Can Stop Right-Wing Revolution & Trump's Absolute Power
- Headlines for April 11, 2017
- El-Sisi Widens Crackdown on Egyptian Civil Society, Journalists After Palm Sunday Church Bombings
- Jeff Sessions Pushes New War on Drugs While Killing Obama-Era Police Reform Measures
- Ex-Seattle Police Chief: Jeff Sessions is Apologist for Worst Type of Policing in Country
- "We're Coming for You": Florida Sheriff Records Anti-Drug Message Surrounded by Masked SWAT Team
- Head of the NAACP LDF on United Airlines Video: Violence Is Becoming Part of Everyday Life in U.S.
- Does Trump Stand to Profit Personally Off the Wars He's Escalating in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia?
- Headlines for April 10, 2017
- A New McCarthyism: Julian Assange Accuses Democrats of Blaming Russia & WikiLeaks for Clinton Loss
- Exclusive: Julian Assange on WikiLeaks' Release of the Largest Leak of Secret CIA Documents
- Julian Assange vs. Allan Nairn: Did WikiLeaks Inform Voters or Aid Trump's Right-Wing Revolution?
- Headlines for April 07, 2017
- Trump Shocks World in Direct U.S. Strike on Syrian Airbase That Could Violate International Law
- Peace Advocates: If Trump Wanted To Help Syrians, He Would Lift Refugee Ban & Fund Humanitarian Aid
- Far-Right Neil Gorsuch Headed for Confirmation Vote Today After GOP Senators Trigger Nuclear Option
Part 2 of our discussion with Orville Schell about today's meeting between Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Florida resort Mar-a-Lago.
- Headlines for April 06, 2017
- This Endless Nightmare Must Stop: Syrian Author Speaks Out as Chemical Attack Death Toll Rises
- Meet the Lawyer Who Is Going After Bill O'Reilly & Donald Trump for Sexual Harassment
- Boycotting Bill O'Reilly: Over 50 Advertisers Pull Ads on Fox Show over Sexual Harassment Scandal
- During Campaign Trump Accused China of "Raping Our Country," Today He Hosts Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago
- Headlines for April 05, 2017
- Syria Has Become a Circus of Death: Doctor Warns of Growing Humanitarian Crisis as War Rages On
- "The Assad Regime is a Moral Disgrace": Noam Chomsky on Ongoing Syrian War
- Chomsky: U.S. Is Helping Israel Annex So Much Land, Palestinians Could Have Essentially Nothing
- Chomsky: Leftist Latin American Governments Have Failed to Build Sustainable Economies
- Noam Chomsky on How Businesses Sought to Destroy the Democratic Movements of the 1960s
- Noam Chomsky on Fascism: Could It Happen Here?
Full 70-minute interview with Noam Chomsky on Democracy Now! today talking about Donald Trump's first 75 days in the White House and much more.
- Headlines for April 04, 2017
- Noam Chomsky: Trump Administration Is Aiming to Decimate All Programs to Help Working People
- Chomsky: Our Privatized U.S. Healthcare Program is an "International Scandal"
- Chomsky: With U.S. History of Overthrowing Govts, Outrage over Russian Hacking Claims is Laughable
- Extraordinarily Dangerous: Chomsky on How Trump's Threats Toward N. Korea Could Backfire
- Chomsky: It's as if Trump Administration Is Flaunting That U.S. Is Run by Goldman Sachs
- When Scapegoating Immigrants No Longer Works, Would Trump Stage an Attack to Maintain Power?
- Why Does U.S. Consider Iran the Greatest Threat to Peace, When Rest of World Agrees It's the U.S.?
Part 2 of our conversation with Sharif Abdel Kouddous about today's White House meeting between Donald Trump and Egyptian President General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. Human rights organizations say Sisi and his security forces have arrested tens of thousands of Egyptians and have committed torture, forced disappearances and extrajudicial killings. The Trump administration has indicated it will not bring up the human rights abuses during today's meeting.
- Headlines for April 03, 2017
- North Carolina Claims It Repealed HB 2, But LGBTQ Activists Say New Law May Be Just As Dangerous
- Rev. Barber: New North Carolina Law Replacing HB 2 is Anti-Gay, Anti-Worker and Anti-Civil Rights
- Silence is Not an Option: Rev. Barber on Dr. King's Historic "Beyond Vietnam" Speech 50 Years Later
- Trump Meets Egypt's el-Sisi, Amid Wave of Repression, Jailings & Extrajudicial Killings in Egypt
- Headlines for March 31, 2017
- Scholar: Moscow Sees Hypocrisy in Allegations After U.S. Interfered in Russian Elections in 1990s
- Rex Tillerson Fails to Acknowledge Concerns over Turkey's Slide Toward Dictatorship in Ankara Visit
- Is ICE Targeting Undocumented Activists for Arrest? Organizers Speak Out After 11 Days in Jail