- Headlines for April 07, 2017
- Trump Shocks World in Direct U.S. Strike on Syrian Airbase That Could Violate International Law
- Peace Advocates: If Trump Wanted To Help Syrians, He Would Lift Refugee Ban & Fund Humanitarian Aid
- Far-Right Neil Gorsuch Headed for Confirmation Vote Today After GOP Senators Trigger Nuclear Option
Part 2 of our discussion with Orville Schell about today's meeting between Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Florida resort Mar-a-Lago.
- Headlines for April 06, 2017
- This Endless Nightmare Must Stop: Syrian Author Speaks Out as Chemical Attack Death Toll Rises
- Meet the Lawyer Who Is Going After Bill O'Reilly & Donald Trump for Sexual Harassment
- Boycotting Bill O'Reilly: Over 50 Advertisers Pull Ads on Fox Show over Sexual Harassment Scandal
- During Campaign Trump Accused China of "Raping Our Country," Today He Hosts Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago
- Headlines for April 05, 2017
- Syria Has Become a Circus of Death: Doctor Warns of Growing Humanitarian Crisis as War Rages On
- "The Assad Regime is a Moral Disgrace": Noam Chomsky on Ongoing Syrian War
- Chomsky: U.S. Is Helping Israel Annex So Much Land, Palestinians Could Have Essentially Nothing
- Chomsky: Leftist Latin American Governments Have Failed to Build Sustainable Economies
- Noam Chomsky on How Businesses Sought to Destroy the Democratic Movements of the 1960s
- Noam Chomsky on Fascism: Could It Happen Here?
Full 70-minute interview with Noam Chomsky on Democracy Now! today talking about Donald Trump's first 75 days in the White House and much more.
- Headlines for April 04, 2017
- Noam Chomsky: Trump Administration Is Aiming to Decimate All Programs to Help Working People
- Chomsky: Our Privatized U.S. Healthcare Program is an "International Scandal"
- Chomsky: With U.S. History of Overthrowing Govts, Outrage over Russian Hacking Claims is Laughable
- Extraordinarily Dangerous: Chomsky on How Trump's Threats Toward N. Korea Could Backfire
- Chomsky: It's as if Trump Administration Is Flaunting That U.S. Is Run by Goldman Sachs
- When Scapegoating Immigrants No Longer Works, Would Trump Stage an Attack to Maintain Power?
- Why Does U.S. Consider Iran the Greatest Threat to Peace, When Rest of World Agrees It's the U.S.?
Part 2 of our conversation with Sharif Abdel Kouddous about today's White House meeting between Donald Trump and Egyptian President General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. Human rights organizations say Sisi and his security forces have arrested tens of thousands of Egyptians and have committed torture, forced disappearances and extrajudicial killings. The Trump administration has indicated it will not bring up the human rights abuses during today's meeting.
- Headlines for April 03, 2017
- North Carolina Claims It Repealed HB 2, But LGBTQ Activists Say New Law May Be Just As Dangerous
- Rev. Barber: New North Carolina Law Replacing HB 2 is Anti-Gay, Anti-Worker and Anti-Civil Rights
- Silence is Not an Option: Rev. Barber on Dr. King's Historic "Beyond Vietnam" Speech 50 Years Later
- Trump Meets Egypt's el-Sisi, Amid Wave of Repression, Jailings & Extrajudicial Killings in Egypt
- Headlines for March 31, 2017
- Scholar: Moscow Sees Hypocrisy in Allegations After U.S. Interfered in Russian Elections in 1990s
- Rex Tillerson Fails to Acknowledge Concerns over Turkey's Slide Toward Dictatorship in Ankara Visit
- Is ICE Targeting Undocumented Activists for Arrest? Organizers Speak Out After 11 Days in Jail
Full interview with Princeton's Zia Mian about the proposed U.N. nuclear ban treaty, the U.S. boycott and the U.S. trillion-dollar plan to "modernize" its nuclear arsenal. Zia Mian is a physicist, nuclear expert and disarmament activist. He is co-director of the Program on Science and Global Security at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University.
- Headlines for March 30, 2017
- Amnesty: Hundreds of Iraqi Civilians Killed in U.S. Airstrikes After Being Told Not to Flee Mosul
- Yemen: Trump Expands U.S. Military Role in Saudi War as Yemenis Brace for Famine
- Iona Craig on What Really Happened When U.S. Navy SEALs Stormed a Yemeni Village, Killing Dozens
- U.N. Considers a Historic Ban on Nuclear Weapons, But U.S. Leads Boycott of the Talks
Full interview with the New Yorker's Jane Mayer about her new article, "The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency: How Robert Mercer Exploited America’s Populist Insurgency." The piece looks at Robert Mercer, the man who is said to have out-Koched the Koch brothers in the 2016 election.
In Vermont, two immigrant rights activists have returned home after being jailed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents in what local organizers say was an act of political retaliation. Twenty-four-year-old Enrique Balcazar and 23-year-old Zully Palacios are both leaders of the group Migrant Justice. They were arrested by undercover ICE agents in Burlington, Vermont, earlier this month as they were leaving the Migrant Justice office. Balcazar, who is known as Kike, serves on Vermont Attorney General T.J. Donovan’s immigration task force, which was created to respond to the Trump administration’s immigration policies. "There are so many innocent people still in there. There are so many who have their dreams cut short, so many who have families waiting for them at home," Palacios said. "There are so many people we have in captivity, and it’s not fair." A third activist with Migrant Justice, 23-year-old Cesar Alex Carrillo, remains in detention. He was arrested by ICE outside a courthouse two days before Zully and Kike were arrested.
Meanwhile, in Seattle, Washington, lawyers for undocumented DREAMer Daniel Ramirez Medina say he’s been granted bond and will be released later today. He’s been jailed by ICE for six weeks, after being arrested when ICE agents came to his father’s home. He was jailed even though he has permission to live and work in the United States under President Obama’s DACA program.
Part 2 of our conversation with Rebecca Solnit, one of the nation's most celebrated writers. She's the author of more than 20 books, including, most recently, "The Mother of All Questions."
Anti-apartheid activist Ahmed Kathrada has died at the age of 87. Kathrada, better known as Kathy, was a member of the African National Congress. In 1963 he was arrested with other ANC leaders, and went on to spend 26 years in prison — 18 of them on Robben Island along with Nelson Mandela. He later served as President Mandela's parliamentary adviser. In 2014 Ahmed Kathrada spoke in Visby, Sweden. He began by talking about Nelson Mandela’s famous statement during his trial in 1961.
- Headlines for March 28, 2017
- Local Lawmakers Fight Back Against AG Sessions's Threats to Cut Funding to Sanctuary Cities
- ICE Retaliates Against Immigrants in Austin After Sheriff Limits Cooperation with Federal Agents
- As ICE Retaliates Against Austin, Learn How New Haven Fought Back Against a 2007 ICE Crackdown
- Immigrant Communities in Fear as Trump Ups ICE Raids Targeting Sanctuary Cities
- Rebecca Solnit on Climate Change, Resistance, Misogyny and "The Mother of All Questions"
- Headlines for March 27, 2017
- After Republican Infighting Dooms GOP Healthcare Plan, Trump Vows to Let Obamacare "Explode"
- Medicare for All? Sen. Bernie Sanders Poised to Push for Single Payer after GOP Plan Falls Apart
- More Than 1,000 Civilians Reportedly Killed by U.S.-Led Airstrikes as Trump Expands War on Terror
- Bill McKibben: Trump May Have Approved Keystone XL, But People Will Stop This Pipeline Again
- Headlines for March 24, 2017
- Will House Republicans "Jump Off the Cliff" and Cut Healthcare for 24 Million Americans?
- Attorney for "Frozen Trucker": Neil Gorsuch May Have Been Most Hostile Judge I've Ever Encountered
- Watch: Sen. Al Franken Grills Neil Gorsuch on Frozen Trucker Case in Extended Questioning
- Florida's First Black State Attorney Faces Death Threats After Refusing Death Penalty for Cop Killer
- Headlines for March 23, 2017
- Jane Mayer on Robert Mercer & the Dark Money Behind Trump and Bannon
- Dark Money Billionaires Push for Pro-Nuclear Radiation Climate Denier for White House Science Post
- Dark Data: Trump Backers Bankroll Firm Developing Psychological Profiles of Every U.S. Voter