- Headlines for February 23, 2017
- "Kids Will Be Harmed by This": Trump Admin Rolls Back Protections for Transgender Students
- We Have to Keep Fighting: Water Protectors Vow Continued Resistance to #DAPL as Main Camp Is Evicted
- Days After Pruitt Becomes EPA Head, Newly Released Emails Show His Ties to Koch Bros. & Energy Firms
- Madison, Wisc. to Pay $3.3M to Family of Tony Robinson, a Black Teenager Shot by Police
- Headlines for February 17, 2017
- In First Solo Press Conference, Trump Attacks Media, Claims Admin Running Like "Fine-Tuned Machine"
- Why Did ICE Arrest & Imprison a 23-Year-Old DREAMer and DACA Recipient Living Legally in the U.S.?
- Undocumented Mother in Sanctuary in Denver Church: I've Paid Taxes for 20 Years, Why Hasn't Trump?
- Denver Church Gives Sanctuary to Immigrant Mother Facing Deportation: "We Are Not Breaking Any Laws"
- Does New Labor Secretary Nominee Alex Acosta Have the Perfect Résumé to Sabotage a Federal Agency?
- Headlines for February 15, 2017
- What Did Trump Know & When Did He Know It? White House in Crisis over Flynn & Russia Scandals
- Trump & Spicer Blame Russia Scandal on "Illegal Leaks" Rather Than Lies by Senior Officials
- Rep. Lieu on Kellyanne Conway: White House Should Not Be Used for Enriching the President's Family
- Rep. Lieu: The White House Lying & Stifling Dissent on Yemen Raid is Step Toward Authoritarianism
- Rep. Ted Lieu to Introduce Bill Requiring a Psychiatrist in White House
- Trump Security Protocols Questioned: Mar-a-Lago Resort is Not the White House Situation Room
- The Stephen Miller Story: From Pestering Latino Students in High School to Drafting Muslim Ban
Today is V-Day, a global day of action to end violence against women and girls. We speak to V-Day founder Eve Ensler and Congolese activist Christine Schuler Deschryver about V-Day, conflict minerals, the City of Joy, as well as Donald Trump and the other domestic abusers in the White House. "We haven't really gotten to the root of rape culture in America," Ensler said. "But I also think that predatory mindset is affecting everything. Right? We're gutting regulations on air, on water and on the earth. We're escalating extraction. We're seeing the ransacking of laws, a disparaging of immigrants."
- Headlines for February 14, 2017
- Pipeline Partners: Trudeau & Trump Meet as They Push for Keystone XL & Other Big Oil Projects
- Crossing the Northern Border: Immigrants in U.S. Flee into Canada Seeking Refuge from Trump
- Clayton Thomas-Muller: Rising Fascism in U.S. Is Emboldening White Supremacists in Canada
- FCC Under Trump: Net Neutrality & Internet Freedom Face New Attack
- Criminalization & Trump's ICE Raids: Two Immigrant Rights Organizers Facing Deportation Speak Out
- Headlines for February 13, 2017
- Secretary of Labor Violations? Opposition Grows to the Nomination of Fast-Food CEO Andy Puzder
- Former Carl's Jr. Worker Recalls Sexual Harassment & Wage Theft at Andrew Puzder's Restaurant Chain
- Saru Jayaraman: Trump Labor Nominee Andrew Puzder Does Not Respect Women At All
- ICE Arrests 600 in Nationwide Raids After Trump Order Expands Criminalization of Immigrants
- California vs. Trump: Lawmakers Push to Become "Sanctuary State" Despite Threats from Washington
We continue our interview with Rev. Dr. Barbara A. Reynolds, who worked with Coretta Scott King on her memoir, about how King opposed Jeff Sessions for a federal judgeship because of his prosecution of voting rights activists.
As the nonexistent terrorist attack manufactured by Donald Trump’s counselor Kellyanne Conway makes headlines, we speak with reporters covering an actual threat from a white extremist in Bowling Green, Ohio, and the ongoing trial of a Christian minister in Tennessee for plotting to travel to upstate New York to kill Muslims there, using explosives, an M-4 assault rifle and a machete. We continue our conversation with ProPublica’s A.C. Thompson and Dean Obeidallah, a columnist for The Daily Beast.
See ProPublica's Documenting Hate Project
- Headlines for February 10, 2017
- Court Refuses to Reinstate Trump's Muslim Ban, Says "No Evidence" of Attacks from 7 Listed Countries
- Trump Launches "Blue Lives Matter Regime" with Three New Executive Orders on Law Enforcement
- ICE Raids Speed into Overdrive: Advocates Say Obama's Deportations Reaching "100 MPH" Under Trump
- In Real Bowling Green Massacre, a White Supremacist Planned Attack Against African Americans & Jews
Hundreds of New York public school students walked out of class Tuesday to protest the policies of President Trump. The protest came on the same day the Senate confirmed billionaire Betsy DeVos for education secretary, after a historic tie-breaking vote from Vice President Mike Pence.
In a highly unusual move, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) was silenced during a Senate debate Tuesday over the confirmation of Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions for attorney general, after Warren read a 1986 letter written by Coretta Scott King, who was then opposing Sessions for a federal judgeship.
- Headlines for February 08, 2017
- ACLU: We're in a Dangerous Situation as Gov't Claims That Courts Have No Role Reviewing Muslim Ban
- Inside the ACLU's Fight Against Trump's Muslim Ban, with the Attorney Whose Lawsuit First Halted It
- A Violation of Tribal & Human Rights: Standing Rock Chair Slams Approval of Dakota Access Pipeline
- Water Protectors Call for Global Mass Mobilizations as Army Plans to Approve Dakota Access Pipeline
- Headlines for February 07, 2017
- Rep. Maxine Waters: DeVos is a Billionaire Wannabe Teacher Who Doesn't Care About Public Education
- Rep. Maxine Waters Urges Rejection of "Foreclosure King" Mnuchin for Treasury & Sessions for AG
- Rep. Maxine Waters: Trump Should Be Impeached If He Colluded with Russians Ahead of Election
- Iranian Student Blocked from Entering U.S.: Trump Remarks on Muslim Ban Remind Me of the Nazis
- Stephen Walt: From Israel to Iran to Mexico, Trump Has Already Blown It on Foreign Policy
- Harvard Professor to Trump: There is No Evidence Media Is Covering Up Terrorist Attacks
- Headlines for February 06, 2017
- Lawyers Urge Appeals Court Not to "Unleash Chaos Again" by Reinstating Trump's Muslim Ban
- Seattle Lawyer Challenging Trump's Muslim Ban: "The Outpouring of Support is Unprecedented"
- "Resist, Resist, Resist": Thousands Protest Trump in Solidarity with LGBT Community at Stonewall in NYC
- Actor Cynthia Nixon at LGBT Rally Outside Stonewall Inn: Trump's "Fear and Anger Are Consuming Him"
- Trump Reportedly Scraps Anti-LGBT Executive Order, But Vows to Give Churches More Political Power
Watch Part 2 of our interview with Lewis Wallace, who was fired from the public radio show "Marketplace" after he published a blog post about journalistic neutrality. Wallace talks about his career in journalism, and reads his post, Objectivity is dead, and I’m okay with it, in which he questions whether people who hold "morally reprehensible" positions, such as supporting white supremacy, can be covered objectively, and argues journalists shouldn’t care if they are called "politically correct" or "liberal."